Carpets are an expensive investment for your place. You cannot change them regularly because of some odor or stains. Carpet cleaners are essential things in the house that you need. You can use carpet cleaners. You can clean stubborn stains on your carpet that look unpleasant every time you look at it instead of replacing your carpet.
That’s why it is wiser to keep stain remover spray or cleaner solution for your carpets at home. There is no need to purchase it from the store. You can make it easily at your home. It will be an emergency solution in case of any smudge or spill on your carpet, and you can remove it immediately, which saves your floor carpet from damage and maintains its new look.
Different Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solutions
Everything you’ll need to make a carpet cleaner spray is available in your home. You just need to be careful while adding the amount of that ingredients for making a spray. Also, make sure that your carpets and mats will not get damaged by that product, or it will not make your carpet fade. Following are the carpet cleaners that you can use at your home ;
Vinegar Carpet Cleaner Spray
The vinegar is the hero for top stain removals from your carpets. It is not allergic; therefore, You can remove the stains with the help of vinegar solution by following the essential steps;
- Add two tablespoons of white vinegar with dish soap, and mix one cup of water. Mix them all in a spray bottle and shake efficiently.
- Cover the stained area of the carpet with the baking soda and leave it for about 25-30 minutes. Spray that vinegar solution on the baking soda.
- After spraying, leave the area until the bubbles die before starting the next step. Now rub the stain area on the carpet with a soft brush or a cloth.
- Ensure that they do not damage the carpet material. Now rinse the area with the wet cloth and dry them with a vacuum cleaner.
Ammonia Carpet Cleaner Solution
Ammonia stain remover is a powerful carpet cleaner because it removes the old, stubborn stains on your carpets without leaving any light marks or smudges. But ensure you never mix ammonia with bleach as they elevate the deadly vapors. It is beneficial for neutralizing carpet smells and removing smudges and stains. You can make a homemade carpet cleaner solution and spray for tough stains with ammonia with the following steps;
- Mix one cup of solution of ammonia in half a gallon of water. Spray this solution on your carpet smudge and let it set for about 15-20 minutes.
- Gently blot the stained area with a neutral or light-colored cloth. Avoid using dark-colored cloth as it may leave color on the carpet.
- The sponge is also a better choice for rubbing on the stained part of the carpet. Repeatedly scrub the stains that are not removed with one-time scrubbing.
Baking Soda Mixture
Baking soda is the cheapest choice for removing wet, tough stains from carpets as it absorbs moisture and deodorizes them simultaneously.
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the stained part and rub it gently. Allow baking soda to settle down on the stains to absorb the mixture thoroughly.
- Vacuum the baking soda after about an hour. Soak up the excessive moisture of the stained area with a soft, light-colored fabric.
Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
Hydrogen peroxide is basically a partially bleach nature carpet cleaner solution. It is safe to read the instructions before using it on the carpet, whether suitable for your carpet material or not. It is very beneficial for removing solid head spills on your carpets.
Mix a teaspoon of non-gel toothpaste with 3 percent hydrogen peroxide in it. Rub that mixture on the stain with some cloth or sponge until the stain or smudge is gone. In the end, clean the carpet area with a wet, clean cloth to remove the extra paste on the carpet.
Homemade Carpet Shampoo
You can also make a shampoo at home to remove old and tough carpet stains from your carpet. You’ll need a cup of dishwasher or laundry liquid detergent with half a cup of fabric softener conditioner in a gallon of water. This solution is beneficial for removing the spills of chocolate, turmeric, and coffee.
Take this solution into a spray bottle and spray it on the affected carpet area. Leave it for about 10 minutes and let it absorb deeply into the carpet. Now, gently blot the spot with a paper towel until the mark is gone. Rinse it with cool water to eliminate excessive dish soap or detergent solution.
From the above-discussed homemade carpet cleaner solution and spray for tough stains, you can make your carpets stain-free cheaply. But you need to be very careful while selecting the cleaning material, whether it is helpful for your carpet or not.
The inappropriate chemical or material can damage the color or versatility of your carpet. Also, these chemicals can be harmful to your children and pets. It is wiser to deodorize or disinfect the carpet after cleaning it for a seamless cleaning.